Who is responsible for safeguarding & well being in school
Name of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) – Miss Janet Kennedy
Name of Deputy DSL – Mrs Sue Ahmed
What to do if you have a concern about yourself or another person.
Talk to or contact:
- Your core tutor
- The Medical Needs Coordinator/Assistant (Mrs Renshaw/Mrs Marshall)
- Head of Year 7 – Mrs S Ahmed SAhmed@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk – extension 255
- Head of Year 8 – Mrs A Conduit AConduit@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk – extension 171
- Head of Year 9 – Mrs S Stevens SStevens@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk – extension 256
- Head of Year 10 – Mr J Flynn JFlynn@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk – extension 556
- Head of Year 11 – Miss S Magee SMagee@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk – extension 655
- The safeguarding Leads
- Any adult you feel comfortable talking to
As part of Bramhall High School’s commitment to keeping young people safe, we have signed up to implement the principles and aims of Operation Encompass. This is a information sharing partnership between police and education that enables us to offer immediate support for students experiencing domestic abuse.
In signing up to Encompass, the Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team will:
- Endorse the Encompass model and support the key adults (safeguarding leads) the fulfil the requirements of the Encompass Protocol;
- Promote and implement Encompass processes and use these in accordance with internal safeguarding young people processes;
- Recognise the sensitive nature of the information provided and ensure that it is retained in accordance with the principles of data protection.
For more information please email: OperationEncompass@bramhallhigh.stockport.sch.uk
School nurse, Andrea Lees – Monday (appointments only) and Wednesday lunchtime drop-in. Confidential information and advice on:
- Mental well-being
- Healthy eating/exercise
- Medical needs
- Sexual health
Medical Needs Coordinator/Assistant – During break and lunch – drop in out of lesson time
Sign post for Young Carers – drop in Wednesday lunch
Mosaic – information & advice on substance misuse – Tuesdays by appointment.
Beacon Counselling – Mondays by appointment.
Central Youth – Stockport’s confidential advice, information & counselling on all relationship issues www.stockport.gov.uk/centralyouth
LGBT Group – 07530316656
Get connected – free confidential help for under 25s – getconnected.org – 08088084994 – Text 80849
Child Sexual Exploitation – Police Child Sexual Exploitation Team 856 9610/9742
Stockport without abuse – concerns over domestic abuse 0161 477 4271
Think U Know – www.thinkuknow.co.uk internet safety and safe surfing for young people from Think U Know. Learn about online safety when using blogs, chatting, and online gaming
Protect Young Eyes – www.protectyoungeyes.com/apps risk profiles for many apps used by young people
PAPYRUS – For concerns around not coping with life, low mood, suicidal feelings. Talk to PAPYRUS
A free national helpline that offers confidential, practical advice and support for the prevention of young suicide.
HOPELineUK: 0800 068 4141
10am – 10pm ( weekdays)
2pm – 10pm ( weekends)
2pm – 5pm ( Bank Holidays)