2019 GCSE Results
Bramhall High School are delighted to announce our Year 11 students have once again achieved outstanding results in all areas. We have shown for the fourth year running significant trends of improvement, which will undoubtedly help maintain our status as one of the leading schools in Stockport. We have once again demonstrated that we can secure consistently high outcomes for all students year on year.
Key headlines from our results:
• 56% of students achieved Level 5+ passes in both English and Maths. (as used in government league table and measures)
• 78% of students achieved Level 4+ passes in both English and Maths.
• Our results show a significant 3-year trend of achievement, and demonstrate why we are the second highest performing school in Stockport and have the best 3-year trend of improvement in the area.
• 86% of students achieved a grade 4+ in English and 83% of students achieved a grade 4+ in Maths. This was further enhanced by 76% of students achieving a grade 5+ in English and 62% in Maths.
• We have achieved these outcomes across all core subjects, Ebacc. and open basket subject areas. This reinforces our vision of “Every Student, Every Subject and Every Grade.”
Mrs Fox, Headteacher continues to make a really significant impact at Bramhall High School since joining the school in 2016. To this end, she has recently received national recognition for the work she has done in leading the school on its mission to be recognised as ‘outstanding’.
Mrs Fox said, “We are obviously delighted with the results, which are a testament to the work ethic of both colleagues and students, and not least the support of our parents/carers and wider community. As a learning community we look forward to welcoming OfSTED in the next academic year following the extremely positive interim visit last year. Here at Bramhall we are very confident that these results are a significant step in our journey towards being recognised by OFSTED as outstanding, in the near future”
Many students achieved fantastic personal results, a real reflection of their abilities and the support of those teachers that have nurtured them during their time at Bramhall High School.
Our top performers are listed below:
• Thomas Barratt a full set of 9 x grade 9’s
• Joseph Cockayne a full set of 9 x grade 9’s
• Rory Gavin 8 x grade 9’s and 1 x grade 8
• Serena Murphy 8 x grade 9’s and 1 x grade 7
• Katie Forbes 7 x grade 9’s and 2 x grade 8’s
• Katy Griffiths 7 x grade 9’s and 1 x grade 8 and 1 x grade 7
• Kaiden Halliwell 7 x grade 9’s and 2 x grade 8’s
• Sophie Jones 7 x grade 9’s and 2 x grade 8’s
• Isobel Winterbottom 7 x grade 9’s and 2 x grade 8’s
• Harvey Anderson 6 x grade 9’s, 1 x grade 8 and 2 x grade 7’s
• Thomas Robinson 6 x grade 9’s and 3 x grade 8’s
• Jake Ashton 5 x grade 9 and 3 x grade 8’s and 2 x grade 7
• Adam Ashworth 5 x grade 9 and 4 x grade 8’s
• Samuel Burbridge 5 x grade 9’s and 3 x grade 8’s and 1 x grade 7
• Jack Carruthers 5 x grade 9’s and 3 x grade 8’s and 1 x grade 7
• Poppy Smith 5 x grade 9’s and 2 x grade 8’s and 2 x grade 7
Please see a breakdown of subject results here.
We have already received a number of enquiries from parents wishing to discuss admissions for Year 7 places this September, if you would like more information, please email Denise Brennan (email@example.com)
For students needing further support or enquiries about examination results please email our exams support team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should any students require further advice or information about post 16 provision and opportunities, please email Vanessa Gilbert (email@example.com)